If you have been seeking treatment for pain from carpal tunnel syndrome, you may have run into a wall when it comes to recovery.
You really want to receive the relief you need, but you simply can’t take the amount of time for recovery that many procedures demand. The demands of your work or lifestyle simply don’t allow for you to spend several weeks recovering from a traditional endoscopic procedure, or even longer for open surgery!
Don’t feel like you’re trapped having to endure burning pain, numbness, or weakness in your hands and fingers. There is a carpal tunnel syndrome treatment that can reduce recovery time from weeks into days—and Dr. Williams is one of a few surgeons in the region trained in it.
Micro-Invasive Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
We are excited to provide a means of treating carpal tunnel pain that is effective, less invasive, and can help patients get back to their lives faster.
Dr. Williams can perform a carpal tunnel release using ultrasound guidance and a special instrument: the SX-One MicroKnife®.
This procedure is most often performed using local anesthesia through a small incision in your wrist (4-5 mm) that is closed using adhesive strips. Sutures are rarely required. Patients typically return to work and the activities they love in just 3-6 days!
The additional benefits of our ultrasound-guided technique are1,2:
- This is an outpatient procedure we can perform right in our office in a private and relaxed setting, avoiding the need to go to busier surgical centers or hospitals.
- The entire procedure takes only a matter of minutes. Your total time with us should be less than 2 hours.
- Only local anesthesia to numb the area is required.
- Over-the-counter medication is typically all that is required for pain relief.
- Your hand does not need to be immobilized during recovery, nor do you typically need to engage in any postoperative physical therapy.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about this procedure. We will answer all your questions, explain the details of the procedure, and provide information on post-procedural care.
Don’t Let Long Recovery Times Keep You from Carpal Tunnel Relief
Call our office at (410) 709-3868 for more information, or to schedule an appointment with us. You can also reach us electronically by filling out our online contact form. A member of our office will respond to your message during our standard office hours.
1. Rojo-Manaute JM, Capa-Grasa A, Chana-Rodriguez F, et al. Ultra-minimally invasive sonographically guided carpal tunnel release: a randomized clinical trial. J Ultrasound Med. 2016 Jun;35(6):1149-1157.
2. Henning PT, Yang L, Awan T, et al. Minimally invasive ultrasound-guided carpal tunnel release: preliminary clinical results. J Ultrasound Med. 2018 Nov;37(11):2699-2706.
SX-One MicroKnife is a registered trademark of Sonex Health, Inc.